A few name changes along the way, but Bob Seger and his band have been rockin’ the music scene since 1961 and are still going strong.
bob seger fax
- Bob Seger began his life as a musician in Detroit, performing as Bob Seger and the Last Heard, then Bob Seger System (three albums), then as Bob Seger, from 1971 – 1975, (five albums), then as Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, from 1976 – 1995, (seven albums), then as Bob Seger again, 2006 -present (another two albums) – plus a number of live and compilation albums along the way.
- It was with the Silver Bullet Band and their 1976 live album, Live Bullet that Bob first found success; quickly followed by the wonderful studio album, Night Moves.
- On his studio albums, Bob worked extensively with the Alabama-based Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, which appeared on several of his best-selling singles and albums.
- Despite phenomenal success, Bob had only one #1 album on the US charts (Against the Wind – 1980) and only one #1 US single, (Shakedown – 1987). Bob produced some GREAT recordings though – Katmandu, Mainstreet, Night Moves, Stil the Same, We’ve Got Tonight, Old Time Rock and Roll, Against the Wind, Hollywood Nights, to name a few.
- Bob was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2012.
night moves fax
- Night Moves was written by Bob Seger and appeared on the album Night Moves by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.
- Some music critics state Night Moves to be the song that lifted Bob from being a Detroit star to a national star.
- Bob based Night Moves on a teenage love affair he experienced in the early 1960s.
- Because the Silver Bullet Band were not around at the time of recording, Bob used local session musicians from around Ontario.
- Released as a single in December 1976, Night Moves peaked at #4 on the US singles chart, #5 on the Canadian chart and #45 on the UK singles chart.
- In 1977, Rolling Stone magazine named Night Moves as the Best Single of the Year. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame named it one of the 500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll.
- Night Moves lyrics.
night moves – bob seger and the silver bullet band – 1976 – video
follow seventiesmusic on facebook.