What can you say about one of the greatest song writers of all time – except that one of her greatest songs (my opinion) is her 1971 hit, It’s Too Late.
carole king fax
- It’s difficult to believe Carole King (born Carol Joan Klein) is now 75 years old – for those of us who had the good fortune of growing up in the 60s and 70s, Carole has written a fair piece of the soundtrack of our lives.
- Carole must surely be the most successful female songwriter of our times. She’s written or co-written a staggering 118 pop hits which have made the US singles charts. 61 of her songs have made the UK charts.
- Carole’s music career began in the very late 50s as a song writer teaming up with her then husband, Gerry Goffin.
- In the 70s, Carole began to sing her own songs. Her first album, Writer, didn’t fare too well but her second album, Tapestry – well, it hit #1 in the US (sitting there for a massive 15 weeks and remaining in the charts for 6 years) and #4 in the UK. It sold over ten million albums in the US alone.
- In all Carole has given us 25 solo albums with three of them, Tapestry, Music, and Wrap Around Joy, making it to the top of the US charts.
- In all, that equates to around 75 million albums sold worldwide.
- Carole has won four Grammy Awards and has been inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for her song writing.
it’s too late fax
- It’s Too Late is a song from Carole King’s 1971 hit album Tapestry; Toni Stern wrote the lyrics and King wrote the music.
- Released as a single in April 1971, It’s Tool Late reached #1 on the US and Canadian singles charts and #6 on the UK charts.
- A double A-side single, the other side of the record featured I Feel The Earth Move.
- It’s Too Late won the Record of the Year Grammy in 1972 and is ranked at #469 on Rolling Stone Magazine’s list of the 500 greatest songs of all time.
- A number of artists have released cover versions including: The Isley Brothers, Billy Paul, The Stylistics, and Gloria Estefan.
- It’s Too Late lyrics.
it’s too late – carole king – 1971 – video
follow seventiesmusic on facebook.