Our friends from the northern end of the rock may not have heard this song before but down the bottom end, Russell Morris’ Sweet, Sweet Love is a treasured part of our 70s playlist.
russell morris fax
- Aussie singer, Russell Morris began his musical career in 1966… and is still going strong – in fact, of his 14 studio albums, the highest charting is 2014’s Van Diemens Land.
- In the late 60s and 70s, Russell had five top 10 singles on the Australian charts.
- Russell’s debut solo single was the almost seven-minute The Real Thing. It was released in March 1969 and produced by the legendary Molly Meldrum.
- On 1 July 2008, the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) recognised Russell’s iconic status by inducting him into the ARIA Hall of Fame.
sweet, sweet love fax
- Sweet, Sweet Love was written and recorded by Australian singer Russell Morris.
- It was the first single from Russell’s debut album Bloodstone.
- Released in June 1971, Sweet, Sweet Love peaked at #7 on the Australian charts – Russell’s fourth top ten single in two years.
- Russell once said he originally wrote Sweet, Sweet Love for John Farnham who turned the song down saying ‘it takes too long to get to the chorus’.
- Sweet, Sweet Love lyrics.
sweet, sweet love – russell morris – 1971 – video
follow seventiesmusic on facebook