Bad Company, an English band with a great pedigree had their biggest hit in 1974 with their first single, Can’t Get Enough.
bad company fax
- When English band Free split in 1973, singer Paul Rodgers and drummer Simon Kirke enlisted the talents of Mott the Hoople guitarist Mick Ralphs and King Crimson bassist Boz Burrell to create Bad Company.
- Add the management talents of Led Zeppelin manager, Peter Grant, and you got a winning combination.
- Bad Company released 12 albums in all, the last in 1996. The first three, released in ’73, ’74, and ’75 all made it into the top five in both the UK and US album charts.
- Their best known singles, Can’t Get Enough, Good Lovin’ Gone Bad, and Feel Like Makin’ Love, remain on high rotate on classic rock radio stations across the world today.
- Over the decades the band has gone through a number of incarnations and a number of hiatus’s. The latest line-up, since 2008, features the original band members excepting Boz Burrell. Although, it was recently announced that, for their latest tour (supporting Joe Walsh) Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes would be standing in for Mick Ralphs.
can’t get enough fax
- Can’t Get Enough was written by Mick Ralphs.
- It was recorded in November 1973 and released in August 1974 on Bad Company, the band’s second album.
- Can’t Get Enough is Bad Company’s biggest hit reaching #5 on the US charts and #15 in the UK.
- It is, arguably, the band’s most popular song, although Feel Like Making Love must come a close second.
- Can’t Get Enough lyrics.
can’t get enough – bad company – 1974 – video
follow seventiesmusic on facebook.