Known for a couple of monster hits in the 80s, Robert Palmer began his career in the late 60s before scoring a couple of minor solo hits in the 70s, including 1979s Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor).
- English singer-songwriter Robert Palmer enjoyed both a solo career and, for a short while around 1985, a stint with band Power Station. He scored top ten hits in both the UK and the US.
- Robert began his music career in the very late 60s with Elkie Brookes in their jazz band Dada. Together they later formed the R&B band Vinegar Joe.
- By 1974, Robert had chosen to go solo and signed to Island Records. It was on his fifth album, Secrets that he scored his first #1 hit – albeit in Canada.
- In 1983, Robert became friends with members of Duran Duran. When Duran Duran took a break, he joined their guitarist, Andy Taylor, and bassist, John Taylor, along with former Chic drummer, Tony Thompson, to form Power Station.
- Robert’s involvement in Power Station was short lived. After a hit with T-Rex’s Get it On (Bang a Gong), and only one live performance, he left to re-establish his solo career – a move that provoked a fair bit of criticism in the musical press.
- In 1985, he released his album Riptide. It featured his mates from Power Station and contained his best-known hit, Addicted to Love which rode all the way to #1 on the US charts.
- He went on to make two iconic music videos; one for Addicted to Love and the other for his hit, Simply Irresistible.
- Along the way Robert picked up two Grammy Awards for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance and an MTV Video Music Award.
- Robert died in Paris from a heart attack on 26 September 2003. He was just 54.
bad case of loving you (doctor, doctor) fax
- Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor) was oringinally released in 1978 by its writer, Moon Martin.
- A year later, Robert Palmer included it on his album Secrets. It peaked at #14 on the US charts.
- It was also nominated for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance at the 1979 Grammy Awards.
- Robert’s version varies from the original in that it is in a major key. Moor Martin’s was in a minor giving the song a quite different feel.
- Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor) lyrics.
bad case of loving you (doctor, doctor) – robert palmer – 1979 – video
bad case of loving you (doctor, doctor) – moom martin – 1978 – video
follow seventiesmusic on facebook.