hall and oates fax
- Daryl Hall & John Oates hail from Philadelphia in the US of A.
- Daryl provides the lead vocals while John plays electric guitar and provides the BVs.
- During the latter part of the 70s and into the 80s Hall and Oates had six #1 US singles. As well as Rich Girl, there was: Kiss on My List, Private Eyes, I Can’t Go for That (No Can Do), Maneater, and Out of Touch – you remember them all now, don’t you?
- Hall and Oates had, in all, 34 hits on the US charts, seven platinum albums, and six gold albums. They are the most successful duo of the rock era.
- In 2003, Hall and Oates were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Billboard magazine list Hall and Oates at #15 in their list of the 100 greatest artists of all time.
- In April 2014, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April of 2014.
- Daryl and John still perform and, if you’ve never seen any episodes of Live From Daryl’s House then you are really missing out on something special!
rich girl fax
- Rich Girl, written by Daryl Hall, was Hall and Oates first #1 single.
- Rich Girl was recorded in 1976 and featured on the album, Bigger Than Both of Us. It reached #1 on March 26, 1977.
- Rich Girl, about a spoiled girl who can rely on her parents’ money to do whatever she wants, was rumoured to be about newspaper heiress Patty Hearst. The song is actually about an ex-boyfriend of Daryl Hall’s girlfriend, Sara Allen. Daryl explained,
You can’t write, ‘You’re a rich boy’ in a song, so I changed it to a girl.
rich girl – hall and oates – 1977 – video
follow seventiesmusic on facebook.